Loading, Please Wait...
Apple Entered the Connected Wearables Market in Q2-2015 and Quickly Became the Leading Smartwatch Vendor
DUBLIN, IRELAND --(Marketwired - March 24, 2016) - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Connected Wearables - 2nd Edition" report to their offering.
Connected wearables are now becoming increasingly popular on many markets globally. The author estimates that worldwide shipments of wirelessly enabled wearable devices will grow from 72.5 million in 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.8 percent to 228.3 million in 2020. The cellular attach rate at the end of the forecast period is forecasted to be 7.8 percent. Get up to date with the latest trends from all main product categories and regions with this unique 160 page report.
A total of 17.8 million of the wearables sold in 2020 are forecasted to incorporate embedded cellular connectivity, mainly in the smartwatch and people monitoring & safety categories. Apple entered the connected wearables market in Q2-2015 and quickly became the leading smartwatch vendor.
The competition is responding with increasingly capable and attractive devices from Android Wear vendors including Motorola, LG, Huawei and Asus as well as from vendors betting on other platforms such as Samsung and Pebble. Smartwatch sales have picked up considerably during 2015 and shipments are on the track to reach 19.5 million units by the end of the year, a 353 percent increase year-on-year.
Improved devices available in different price segments will drive adoption in the next five years and smartwatches is predicted to become the largest device category by the end of the forecast period. Today, fitness & activity trackers is still the largest device category and shipments are expected to reach 51.0 million units in 2015.
Market pioneers such as Fitbit, Jawbone and Garmin have in the past years been joined by an abundance of companies including major players from the smartphone industry. Xiaomi has been particularly successful with its affordable trackers and the company is the only fitness tracker vendor which can compete with Fitbit in terms of sales volumes comments Mr. Svanberg.
This report will allow you to:
- Understand the key enablers for growth in the connected wearables market.
- Identify key players in the connected wearables ecosystem.
- Benefit from detailed forecasts for eight different device categories lasting until 2020.
- Learn about the markets for activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and medical devices.
- Evaluate the business opportunities in new innovative device categories.
- Predict future market and technology developments.
This report answers the following questions:
- Which are the main device categories within connected wearables?
- What are the main drivers on this market?
- What are the general technology trends for connected wearables?
- When will cellular connectivity be a common option in connected wearables?
- Which connected wearables offer the best potential for embedded cellular connectivity?
- Which are the leading wearables vendors?
- How will the markets for smart watches and fitness trackers converge?
- What new innovative wearables could become successes?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Introduction to wearable technology
2 Value chain and vendor landscape
4 Smart glasses
5 Connected fitness and activity trackers
6 People monitoring and safety devices
7 Medical devices and miscellaneous
8 Market forecasts and trends
- Filip Technologies
- LG Electronics
- Proteus Digital Health
- Recon Instruments
- Shanghai Nutshell Electronic
- Zebra Technologies
- Zephyr Performance Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4fvjvr/connected.
Category name: Wearable Technology
Research and Markets
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716