Barrick's 2015 Annual Report and Information Circular Now Available
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Mar 24, 2016) - Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX)(TSX:ABX) (Barrick or the "company") today announced that its 2015 Annual Report and Information Circular are now available on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and EDGAR (www.sec.gov). Shareholders may also access these documents at the following link: www.barrick.com/investors/agm.
Information Circular highlights include:
- The Circular provides comprehensive detail on Barrick's governance and management structure, including role descriptions for the Executive Chairman, Lead Director, and President.
- Barrick has increased the proportion of independent Board nominees to 79 percent.
- Barrick continues to renew the talent on its Board, with eight of 13 nominated directors (excluding the Executive Chairman) new to the company since April 2014.
- Graham G. Clow, Chairman of Roscoe Postle Associates Inc., has been nominated to serve as an independent director. Mr. Clow is a seasoned mining engineer with more than 40 years of experience across all aspects of the mining industry, including operations, exploration, feasibility, development, construction, closure, acquisitions, and finance.
- Gary Doer, former Canadian Ambassador to the United States, has been nominated to serve as an independent director. Mr. Doer has extensive experience building partnerships of depth and trust on matters of social, economic, and environmental significance with a range of stakeholders in the company's core region-the United States. In 2005, Business Week magazine named Mr. Doer as one of the top 20 international leaders on climate change.
- Executive compensation has been reduced to reflect the shareholder experience in 2015.
- Barrick has adopted a formal Shareholder Engagement Policy to facilitate open dialogue, exchange of ideas, and increased transparency between our Board and our shareholders.